38th FIABCI Global Business Summit
As the world becomes more urban and population expands, so does the need to build. But buildings alone generate nearly 40% of annual global greenhouse gas emissions. Making cities more sustainable, one green building at a time, is thus more urgent than ever.
From planning to design, construction to operation, adopting greener practices have multiple environmental, economic, and social benefits. Under the theme “Green Buildings and Innovative Urban Planning”, the 38th FIABCI Global Business Summit will dive into the processes that will help all professionals from the real estate industry to design a more sustainable path towards fulfilling the needs of the present without compromising the future.
It seems only fitting that the summit takes place in Ghent, a young and dynamic Belgian city that has rightfully earned its green credentials over the years with a progressive approach to sustainable living. Through social and property tours, participants will have the chance to explore the city and understand why it has been a finalist for the European Green Capital Award for two years running.
The exciting program of this year’s edition of the FIABCI Global Business Summit also features panel discussions, forums, trainings, workshops and a start-up pitch that are sure to deepen one’s knowledge about green buildings and the innovative tools available to take sustainability goals to the next level.
- "European Chapter Presidents Breakfast"
- "FIABCI Professional Division Forum"
- Green Buildings and Innovative Urban Planning - Challenges and opportunities for different real estate professions. 8 presentations (10 minutes each) followed by a panel discussion (20 minutes)
- Coffee Break
- "Evolution of companies’ management to meet the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals"
- (presentations and panel discussion)
- "Energy Efficiency" - Report on Workshops
- Lunch break
- Project Tour
- Social Tour
PREPARE YOUR TRIP