Malaysia Property Award 2022 Honours Outstanding Achievements in the Property Development Industry
The Malaysia Property AwardTM 2022, the most sought-after award in the property development industry, held its awards presentation cum gala dinner yesterday at the One World Hotel. The gala dinner and awards presentation ceremony was graced by Tuan Yang Terutama Tun Seri Setia (Dr.) Hj. Mohd. Ali Mohd. Rustam from Melaka.
This year's event featured 12 categories, with a total of 16 awards presented including two individual awards. The winners were selected by a distinguished panel of jury and independent judges who have expertise and experience in the property industry.
- Property Man: Tan Sri Dato’ Ir. (Dr.) Teo Chiang Kok, See Hoy Chan Holdings Group
- Property CEO: Mr Ho Kong Soon, Matrix Concept Holdings Berhad
- Affordable Housing Category: SkyAwani 2 Residences by SkyWorld Development Bhd
- Heritage Category: Rumah Tangsi (Lot 10) & Kuala Lumpur Tourism Bureau (Lot 11) by Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur & Seetizens Lab Sdn Bhd
- Industrial Category: i-Park @ Senai Airport City by iPark Development Sdn Bhd
- Industrial Category: Hap Seng Business Park by Hap Seng Land Sdn Bhd
- Master Plan Category: City of Elmina by Sime Darby Property (City of Elmina) Berhad
- Master Plan Category: Setia Eco Templer by S P Setia Berhad
- Mixed-Use Development Category: Tamarind Square by Tujuan Gemilang Sdn Bhd
- Office Category: Menara Hap Seng 3 by Hap Seng Land Sdn Bhd
- Purpose-Built Category: Encomas House by Encomas Sdn Bhd
- Purpose-Built Category: Petaling Jaya Performing Arts Centre (PJPAC) by Bandar Utama City Sdn Bhd
- Residential High Rise Category: Setia V Residences by Kay Pride Sdn Bhd
- Residential High Rise Category: The Rainz @ Bukit Jalil by Sunrise Charm Sdn Bhd (A member of Exsim)
- Residential Mid-Rise Category: Cantara Residences by Sime Darby Property (Ara Damansara) Berhad
- Sustainable Development Category: D'Network @ Setia Eco Park by S P Setia Berhad
FIABCI Malaysia President, Datuk Sr Firdaus bin Musa, expressed his utmost gratitude and appreciation to Tuan Yang Terutama Tun Seri Setia (Dr.) Hj. Mohd. Ali Mohd. Rustam for making time to grace the Malaysia Property Award Gala Dinner 2022 and present the awards to the award-winning recipients and extended warm congratulations to all the award recipients for their well-deserved accolades, highlighting that their dedication, innovative approaches, hard work, and high expertise in the property industry have been recognised.
“The Malaysia Property AwardTM is considered the 'OSCAR' of property awards in Malaysia, and it is highly sought after because of the rigorous evaluation process that is undertaken, which gives credibility to the awards presented”, said Firdaus.
He continued to emphasise the importance of ESG (Environment, Social, and Governance) and SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) policies in future property development projects. He urged all winners, participants, and future participants to remain up-to-date, relevant, and sensitive to emerging trends in the industry, such as the trends towards modern smart homes and co-living spaces, to remain competitive and deliver what the market demands.
Dr Yu Kee Su, the organising chairman of Malaysia Property AwardTM on the other hand, revealed to the media that the competition was incredibly tight this year, and the judges had a hard time selecting the winners. “The high level of excellence displayed in the submissions speaks to the quality of the property industry in Malaysia,” Yu added.
Yu commended the committee's commitment to ensuring that the Malaysia Property AwardsTM continue to be a benchmark of excellence in the property industry. “They are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards and ensuring that the awards reflect the latest developments in the industry!”, Yu exclaimed.
Yu added further that the organising committee is committed to ensuring that the judging process is as objective as possible. They appreciate the Panel of Jury and Independent Judges' expertise and experience, which have been invaluable in the judging process. The organising committee also thanked the secretariat for their tireless efforts in coordinating the award's organising activities.
The organising committee hopes that the property industry will continue to be a major contributor to the economic growth and development of the country, creating jobs, driving innovation, and attracting foreign investment. They also hope to receive more submissions in the next year's award from the winners and future participants.
The Malaysia Property AwardTM 2022 was an exceptional event, recognising the exemplary contributions of individuals and organisations in the property industry.